Thursday 18 September, 2014

He Will Guide Us

    FOR THIS GOD IS OUR GOD FOR EVER AND EVER;
       HE WILL BE OUR GUIDE EVEN TO THE END!
                            ( PSALM 48:14 *NIV )

 When we ask for God to lead us, He will, for He has
   promised "I WILL INSTRUCT YOU AND TEACH YOU IN THE
   WAY YOU SHOULD GO; I WILL COUNSEL YOU AND
   WATCH OVER YOU."  ( PSALM 32:8 )

       After all it isn't easy trying to live a righteous life in this
   World, and never was.  Even the Apostle Paul complained
   "I HAVE THE DESIRE TO DO WHAT IS GOOD, BUT I
   CANNOT CARRY IT OUT.  FOR WHAT I DO IS NOT THE
   GOOD I WANT TO DO; NO, THE EVIL I DO NOT WANT
   TO DO--THIS I KEEP ON DOING."  ( ROMANS 7:18-19 )

       So, as part of your morning prayer each day,
   why not ask God to lead you?  For He is waiting for you
   with open arms!

       This message reminds me of a prayer I once saw.  I will
   share it with you right now, and hope that you enjoy it and
   perhaps even have a laugh or two as I did!

                            Dear Lord
                      So far today, God, I've
                           done all right.
                   I haven't gossiped, haven't
                          lost my temper,
                       haven't been greedy,
                      grumpy, nasty, selfish
                         or over-indulgent.
                    I'm really glad about that.
                   But in a few minutes, God,
                               I'm going
                   to get out of bed, and from
                                then on
                      I'm probably going to
                      need a lot more help!
                                              Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment