Monday 17 June, 2013

Why Go to Church ( June 17, 2013)

ASCRIBE TO THE LORD THE GLORY DUE HIS
NAME; WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE SPLENDOR
OF HIS HOLINESS.
              ( Psalm 29:2 *NIV )

      LET US NOT GIVE UP MEETING TOGETHER, AS SOME
ARE IN THE HABIT OF DOING, BUT  LET US ENCOURAGE
ONE ANOTHER - AND ALL THE MORE AS YOU SEE THE
DAY APPROACHING.             ( Hebrews 10:25 )

    Now I know that you may be asked by some, "Why Go
To Church?"   So...........

                             Why Go To Church?

    A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and
complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.
"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have
heard something like 3,000 sermons.  But for the life of me, I
can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my
time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

    This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor"
column, much to the delight of the editor.  It went on for weeks
until someone wrote this clincher:  "I've been married for 30 years
now.  In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals.  But,
for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one
of those meals.

    However I do know this...  They all nourished me and gave me
the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me
these meals, I would be physically dead today.

    Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would
be spiritually dead today!"   Thank God for our physical and our
spiritual nourishment!

   So; COME, LET US WORSHIP AND BOW DOWN;
LET US KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OUR MAKER. FOR HE
IS OUR GOD, AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE,
AND THE SHEEP OF HIS HAND. AMEN! ( Psalm 95:6-7 )

    I'll see you in Church Today my friend!  You will find me in
the front row, if not in person, then in spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment